Monday, November 19, 2007

So... where on earth am I?

It's been an uncommonly crazy week after the exams, but I enjoy the craziness for once! I've been going around town with Fiona, June and Fi's brothers shopping and eating... It's a great experience, and though I do grumble very much about walking from Glebe Point to Circular Quay on a hot afternoon, I am glad that I did it in the end. It was generally fun walking along the full length of George street, popping into shops as and when we wanted and shopping! Retail therapy was so much fun, with sales to discover and dresses to try on. I think it's worth mentioning that I was looking at a Roxy bag which fits my short stature, but I put it but, because it cost more than what I was prepared to pay. I'm still thinking about it though, and I'm really afraid I just might go and buy it, because it's hard to find bags that you like at first sight, and which fits one to a T.

There, I'm becoming a shopaholic and a material girl huh? But I say, in my defense, that much needed retail therapy was in order to properly destress! I took a few more shopping trips with my roomies and once myself around town while walking to take in the full sights of the city. You'd think that all this time I've been staying in the central city, that I'd have walked all of it already... but in reality, I haven't. This is really the first time that I've the time and mood to go walking in it slowly, taking in the sights and shopping. I've also remembered to bring my camera along, and took some photos, which I hope I'll be able to post soon. :D

Another thing worth mentioning here is the Glebe Point Road Annual Fair. It just happened last Sunday, and it was rather fun, with the road blocks and all. It was a pain in the ass to get the buses to town, but overall, the shops were rather interesting, though if you'd been to circular quay markets and the glebe markets, the stuff on sale would seem rather familiar.

I'm going on a few tours starting tomorrow out of Sydney, and I really hope that it'll be a good time with lots of noteworthy photos.... Though I won't complain if there isn't much shopping to do. I'm bleeding money at the moment, and I hope I'll have enough to end the year on a relatively good note! :D

No comments: